Saturday, 1 February 2014

Day 9

Today was pretty damn good. I'm tired though. I think I have to let my body recuperate from the cardio for a day. I felt my legs shaking hardly 6 minutes into my workout today. Didn't let it stop me. Managed to hit 21 minutes (and 4 seconds! *gasp*) where my goal today was just to push yesterday's limit by 60 seconds. Goal of 18:30 and doing 21:04? Not bad.

Brunch was a hard boiled egg, little bit of babaganouj and whole wheat naan bread, small piece of roast beef, cucumber, asparagus, tomato and grapes. It was a weird mix, but it was yummy. I was asked if I wanted soup. "What kind of soup, mum?" "Don't know, gotta see what we have." Glad I said no. It was a creamy soup and we all know how GREAT those are for you.

Dinner was a large chicken breast and a roasted zucchini, and treated myself to a 1-apple-apple-crumble. Hardly any butter or sugar, so that was good.

All in all, today was good health wise. Tomorrow I have a family thing (on my dad's side... where none of them particularly care about what they weight, it would seem) so I hope I can manage to stay on track there. I have a bad habit of getting sucked into all the food and just devouring everything. I'll do some strength training in the morning before I go. Maybe 5 minutes of cardio but I honestly think I need to let myself recover from today and yesterday. My arms were shaking by the end today for about 20 minutes after, not to mention my body felt like a blanket, just taking the shape of whatever it was laying on and NOT moving.

I think I need to get chocolate milk in the house. I feel like I'm missing something after a workout that results in the serious shakes, and I have a suspicion it's a combination of protein, sugar and sodium. I drink lots of water (I mean lotsss) but that doesn't seem to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment